Object Stacking through Vex

noc2

Hi;

I have a bunch of objects I'm trying to stack on top of one another through the use of wrangles within a for-each loop. Just like the copy and transform node gives it's copies a “copynum” identifier on their primitives, I did the same through the connectivity sop. Then I fed the result into a for-each loop that loops though pieces using “copynum” as the piece attribute.

What I wanted to do through Vex but got bogged down is:

1- Take the y bound of the first object and add it to the @P of the second one.
2- Take the y bounds of the first and second object, add them and add the result to the 3rd object.
3- And go on with as many objects there are as defined by copynum.

I would appreciate it a great deal if someone could take the time to take a peek at my file and give me an idea.

Thanx in advance;

AJ

AJ_Object_Stacking_Vex.hipnc

Edited by noc2

behold...the Pig God

(yeah well...I did it with a VEXpression preset, naturally called Stack I did awhile ago...you can change the Axis in the Point SOP to 0, 1, 2 for instant gratification)

(You won't find this preset 'installed'...SESI didn't like this enough from me I don't think)

And I just noiced a slight little technical detail, my transform after the loop is to correct 1st offset in Y axis, if you change the Axis to X or Z in the point SOP, you'll notice the transform not doing it's job...small detail, no one will notice !!!

PigGod.jpg

vu_Stacker.hipnc

Edited by Noobini

Cool Noobini thank you so much :) :) Yet, Vexpressions are really elusive to me (at this stage maybe :)) I'll go through yours and try and port it to vex (fingers crossed, although not so hopeful :-/ ) And I'll definitely check out your vexpressions topic, looks highly interesting. 

Lotsa Cheers :)

AJ

Wow... Thanx so much kfu. There's truly so much to learn from power users. I got stuck at trying to figure out a way to compare the current iteration with the previous one and now I can see the light :) Thanks again for taking the time to help out a fledgling user :) And I should also thank Noobini once again. I subscribed to his YT channel.