Hair changing frame to frame

I've got an R&D file in which it looks like the hair count is changing frame-to-frame. Both Mantra and Redshift are identifying the topology as changing frame-to-frame, so they're both disabling deformation motion blue for the object. This occurs whether the both the guides and the hair are cached or not.

Is there a necessary rest setup for hair/fur? I've gone through the nodes in my set and the rest cache option under Static Generation on the Hair Generation node is about the only thing I see that might come into play.

Attached are a few images showing the issue between frames 30 and 32, as well as the scene.

mC

FurBall_ForRS_01.hiplc

FurBall_Composite.jpg

Many of Houdini's nodes have a Scatter node built right into them. When you supply deforming geometry (such as animated transforms) the scatter points change per-frame.

What you can do is add some UVs to the torus, then on the HairGenerate node,change the Density drop down from No Override to Skin Attribute. Then type the attribute named uv in the field. This should keep the scatter points from jumping around from frame-to-frame.

torus_fur.mp4