sop import in cop2net not working

anicg

Tried to export a heightfield of a terrain in greyscale using cop2net and sop import but I get individual elements (height, water, debris, sediment...).

1. How do I get the full terrain out of it?

2. How do I even get these individual elements out?

You've guessed it, I'm new to Houdini.

Edited by anicg

have you tried set planes from sop then switched which layer your viewing to something else? you see where it says "C" in composite view? You should see other options after set planes. Maybe its viewing something from erode like debris but your on the first frame of simulation so there isn't really any data.

Thank you I managed to get 10% of progress and changed slightly the question. I did set planes from sop, I now can see the individual elements but I have no clue how to get them out, and how to get the full terrain heightfield, like the combined heightfield (which I can't see anywhere)?

Years in World Machine, I need one file with the full heightfield to import in world machine or vue or terragen...

Edited by anicg

I'm just trying to get this:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=heightfield&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiaj8HksYvfAhXC2aQKHdVzDbEQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=979

one image in png or tif format that has the terrain, not pieces of the terrain.

I know how to export an exr but I do not know what do with it, the exr is in colours. The heightfield is greyscale.

I was born in World Machine, In Vue, in Terragen, I've never seen a colourful heightfield before the Houdini exr.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Edited by anicg

• 4 weeks later...