vellum hair strange behavior

dyei nightmare

im having this strange behavior in vellum,  i could expect a hair behavior like... ...hair?  but not, im having like some floating strands  pushed by unknow velocity,  comming from nowhere, changing mass doesnt work,  neither popdrag,  im isolating the situation,  also,   ¿why it gives a jagged strings? thats also unexpected, what i want is  a behavior more like ropes.

vellum_for_od.hip

I assume it's your intention to make them shrink to 0.3 of their length

the issue is that your hair thickness/pscale is much larger than the point separation at the shrunk version of your hair, therefore the behavior you see is vellum trying to resolve self intersections among hair points and at the same time pull them closer by constraints

try setting Thickness on hair constraints to something like 0.002

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, anim said:

try setting Thickness on hair constraints to something like 0.002

yes! it does!   how do you knew that???   also i wanna ask you if you know if the constrained grouped points are following an animated surface,  their rest position is also animated? are there  any rest position in vellum hairs to set up?  how can be overriden a rest position in vellum hair?

- if Match Animation is checked in the Pin To Animation settings of the Vellum Constraint then pinned points will follow animation on the input geometry or on the optional Target geometry that you can specify on the Vellum Source DOP

- for if however by Rest position you mean equivalent of Rest Geometry in Fem/Wire solvers (which would control the changing rest lengths and rest angles therefore can affect the shape of individual hair strands) you can use Vellum Rest Blend DOP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1