Sign in to follow this  
lozruh

Remesh as Diamond / Parallelogram

Posted (edited)

Hi There,

Does anyone know a way to remesh - in a broader sense than the node itself I guess - a certain / any geometry into faces of parallelograms instead of traingles or hexagons - via compute dual -.

Attached a reference image.

Thank you,

Levent

MorphosisCooperUnion.jpg

Edited by lozruh
forgot picture

Thanks Noobini,

I have tried a similar methodology yet as I am working with complex meshes that come out as polygons from vdb convert it only works for a certain part of the surface where it is already in quads.

Ideally; 

1) I would like to make all of them parallelograms

2) find a way to delete all the faces that are not parallelograms. In doing so I have deleted some according to their vertex number - leaving the ones of 4 - yet I still get quads that look like triangles.

https://we.tl/t-2fQ5gbdDMv

I have attached the geometry.

Thanks,

Levent

I can't view your attached files, not at a computer. My initial reaction would be to take whatever mesh, convert it to non optimized quad mesh, sample nml, up and cross. Through a single axis along the centroid of the geo progressively push the point along the cross by the percentage it is along that axis. You'll want to run this in a for loop also referencing the original mesh so the ones that are pushed a long way can remain fairly accurate through complex surfaces towards the max end of the axis your pushing geo around.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That process sounds a bit over my current knowledge in houdini. I have attached another mesh on its own regardless whatelse happens in the script, this is just as an example.

Best

TestforDiamond.stl