relative reference in parameter range

I'm setting up type properties for an hda i'm working on. I would like to set the value of the range fields relative to the value of a different parameter. 

For instance set a window width parameter based on the wall width parameter. however the range fields in the operator type properties window only allows me to type in integer values. It wont let me type relative reference to the other parameter. Is there a way to do this? thanks

parameter.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, maybe my question was confusing. Is there a way to set a type property parameter, the max range field for example to the value another parameter or variable using an expression? It appears that you cannot enter expression into  type property parameter fields.

11 hours ago, bonassus said:

Hmm, maybe my question was confusing. Is there a way to set a type property parameter, the max range field for example to the value another parameter or variable using an expression? It appears that you cannot enter expression into  type property parameter fields.

I guess you can not. But you can bind parameters of your hda with expressions

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 2:05 AM, vicvvsh said:

I guess you can not. But you can bind parameters of your hda with expressions

thanks for your reply. in this case you cannot enter an expression into the range filed. it only accepts numbers.

i think the best non pyton script solution can be found here: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/11209/?page=1#post-53490

Edited by bonassus
update

7 hours ago, bonassus said:

thanks for your reply. in this case you cannot enter an expression into the range filed. it only accepts numbers.

i think the best non pyton script solution can be found here: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/11209/?page=1#post-53490

This is what i meant

test_parms.hdanc

I've made invisible an auxiliary parameter with expression

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

This is what i meant

test_parms.hdanc

I've made invisible an auxiliary parameter with expression

Ok I see. Thanks for the file it helped me see another way to control the parameter . In practice however i think this is equivalent to just clamping the value at sop level. As the sliders range isn't updated and can exceed the clamped value. I wish I could enter the expression into the range filed itself. thanks again. 

Edited by bonassus
update

• 9 months later...