how to stick vellum object on static collider

newbee

does any one know how to stick vellum object on a static rbd

here is a great tutorial that shows how to stick a vellum hair to a vellum sphere.

but how to make a vellum object stick to a static rigid body like a wall ?

Edited by newbee

Hi, i was asking myself the same question.. how to stick vellum to collider... just like this

i can achieve a non definitive sticking of a rubber band to a spinning sphere.. ( with rest constraints) but not that clean...then it jumps aways like an elastic. Maybe i create a new post for that question. This effects is so useless but so cool :)

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2019 at 2:57 AM, phant said:

Hi, i was asking myself the same question.. how to stick vellum to collider... just like this

i can achieve a non definitive sticking of a rubber band to a spinning sphere.. ( with rest constraints) but not that clean...then it jumps aways like an elastic. Maybe i create a new post for that question. This effects is so useless but so cool :)

I know this is an old post, but I made a version of this (inspired by Dave's because I thought it was so cool) around the time of your post so why not. Mine is essentially a circular curve spinning around the object (I used a sphere but it did work with anything I fed it) emitting a vellum string in DOPs. The string is born every however many frames and instantly starts shrinking its rest scale, then once it's under a certain speed it goes inert which killed the jitter. This has music so potential volume warning.

• Like 1

I've been working with incorporating fields with vellum and have been considering a novel approach that will use sticky velocity instead. I don't know yet if there would be any improvement, and there will likely be a performance hit, but might be better suited in some cases.

I'll update if I make any progress.

Edited by shawn_kearney
  • Like 1