Flip initial velocity without shape change

MAYA_

Hi, 

I have a really simple problem but I can't find a workaround for this. I have a flip sim with some sources popping in over time and I want to give it a really high initial one time velocity from SOPs which is driven by some stuff I calculated there. Thats all nice and working but in my sim, on the first frame, the source takes that velocity into consideration and deforms into a nasty shape representing this velocity. This wouldn't be a problem but as my velocity is really high, the deformation is quite big, which is going right through my collision objects and I have no idea how to overcome this. I tried playing with transferring the velocity inside a SOP solver so the points get created in the source shape and then get the velocity but as I only want this once right after creation and never again, I can't quite find a way to pull out the right points to transfer it to. 

I will be super grateful if anyone has any suggestions how to go about this the right way.

Thank you!

36 minutes ago, Atom said:

One way is to switch your source at the SOP level. One source has velocity up and the other has no velocity.

switch_flip_vel.gif.45e532740ea9857fac8fd1a4b62ae928.gif

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_switch_flip_vel.hiplc

Hi Atom,

thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I have thought about this as well but sadly, my source isn't static like this. I am sourcing from some moving sop geo, that has differnet bits come in at different times. Imagine something like loads of balls being thrown at a wall and as they are about to hit, I slice of a chunk and turn that into my source which my velocity which then goes to flip to make me some splashes. This means I couldn't animate the switch properly and as this is procedural it would be hard to slice and break the pieces off, if that makes sense?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you! :)