flip points id vs ptnum

nicoladanese

hey!

I have a flip cache and I want to delete some points that go out of control. I just discovered that id and ptnum are not the same, so if I select and blast those points houdini reads the ptnum of points and blast them which is perfect in that frame but wrong in the others, so I'm looking to find a way of telling the blast not to delete base on the ptnums of selected points, but on the ids of the selected points...or build a group with the same idea...

cheers!

Hey Andrea!

I have IDs already, I was looking to make a selection in the viewport by id and not by ptnum, on a facebook group a guy called Miguel Mendes told me this trick which works perfectly!

Go to viewport select the option on top select by group then in sub menu select by attribute and then chose in point attributes id. Then select then on viewport and press delete on keyboard. 

You can always put a blast first then select the arrow button on the node and do that process... 

Then you'll have an expression saying @id=1, 2, 3 etc