Whitewater spray- pop replicate on velocity

mentalgutiar

Hey guys, 
Im having trouble using the popreplicate on an extra whitewater spray cache. I want to replicate based on v but It will not generate any points even if I crank it. The particles are cached and I have all the attributes in there including velocity but still cannot get it to replicate any particles based on their velocity?

Cheers

Something like the file attached?

You can do 'emit from attribute' in the point replicate. So all you would need is to define a 0 to 1 float attribute to drive that dop. I called that attribute 'birth_chance'.

Your speed would be calculated by taking the length of you velocity vector:

length(@v)

And you can refit that speed value to isolate the faster points for replication:

f@birth_chance = fit(@speed, 1, 6, 0, 1)

You can also multiply this by a refit of the spray attribute to narrow it down further to just spray particles within a certain threshold.

f@birth_chance = fit(@speed, 1, 6, 0, 1)
            fit(@spray, .3, .5, 0, 1);

I also isolated these new replicated spray particles in a pop group, so that they can be ignored by the pop replicate - otherwise you have cloned points creating cloned points which gets messy quick.

If you need additional help, upload your .hip workfile so we can get a better sense of how you're working

flip_whitewater_from_v.hipnc

• Like 1