Wires are keep falling off from glued objects

crow9350

I separated wires and FEM objects as much as possible and made point groups as various as possible.

And I connected all corresponding each group to glue nodes.

However, when I start a simulation, lines(edge) are generated between two points that did not exist.

And they are detaching from glued FEM objects.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

wireSim.gif

WireSim.hiplc

Ship_Alembic_B.abc

Edited by crow9350

If you have attached your wires to fixed point numbers, you may be experiencing point jump when the source deforms.

You might need to use a pointdeform node to lock them down, so they don't jump around.

In this image, the left side is locked, while the right side jumps. (it does not have the point deform node).

point_deform.gif.7f169fb41ae9ad22e4ef053a81dda64c.gif

ap_point_deform_lockdown.hiplc

Edited by Atom

12 hours ago, Atom said:

If you have attached your wires to fixed point numbers, you may be experiencing point jump when the source deforms.

You might need to use a pointdeform node to lock them down, so they don't jump around.

In this image, the left side is locked, while the right side jumps. (it does not have the point deform node).

point_deform.gif.7f169fb41ae9ad22e4ef053a81dda64c.gif

ap_point_deform_lockdown.hiplc

I was already using that method. Anyway, your advice was helpful because I was not sure of the role of "point deform" node.

However, I solved the issue, by making more specific groups. Before, I made one group of points for two separated points. After I make more specific groups, it's not happening again.

Anyway, thank you very much.

problemSolved.jpg

Edited by crow9350
  • Like 1