Rigid Body _ initial Ground Collision

Milene M

Hello !

I have a custom ground and I want my object to not move until I have a collision. 
I connect my ground with my object by a Glue constraint. But so far my object is still moving... Do you have an idea ? 

Here you can see my simulated object, my red drawing is where I would like my object to be.  
withSim.JPG.4f6f02ed6fa4b6bf9830776c2e87a2ff.JPG

ODForce_GroundCollision_001.hipnc

4 hours ago, Milene M said:

Hello !

I have a custom ground and I want my object to not move until I have a collision. 
I connect my ground with my object by a Glue constraint. But so far my object is still moving... Do you have an idea ? 

Here you can see my simulated object, my red drawing is where I would like my object to be.  

Hello,

simplest way to achieve your goal is to set point attribute i@active = 0 on bottom boxes there as on the others set 1. And look some tutorials at sidefx.com about RBD simulation with bullet solver.

1 hour ago, vicvvsh said:

Hello,

simplest way to achieve your goal is to set point attribute i@active = 0 on bottom boxes there as on the others set 1. And look some tutorials at sidefx.com about RBD simulation with bullet solver.

Thank you for your fast reply. Your solution works well. 
But in this case the bottom boxes would never be affected by the simulation. 

Is it possible to make the initial position a rest position defined previously by the node rest position ?  

18 hours ago, Milene M said:

But in this case the bottom boxes would never be affected by the simulation.

You can make it active any time.

18 hours ago, Milene M said:

Is it possible to make the initial position a rest position defined previously by the node rest position ?  

As I've said earlier this is simplest way. In hip file rough example of a bit complicated approach. I don't know if it suits you but anyway...

ODForce_GroundCollision_001_01.hipnc