Different densities according to geo instances pscale

Neyco

Hello guys,

I"m trying to do an explosion of debris, I started by doing the particles simulations, then added an attribute randomize for the pscale, then I did a copy into the particles with a debris geo I made.
The problem is that everything is falling at the same speed, big debris, and the very small ones. Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you !!!

I ended up duplicating the particale sim, changing parameters for each one (high velocity, few particles for the big debris and vice versa). Seems to work, but it's just like hiding the problem, since the big debris doesn't have the same size, but still fall at the same speed

This seems to be the right way ! I'm testing it, thank you so much !

I'm actually struggling to make this work in my setup, since my debris are in a different Geo node, and the sim is shaped independently with a custom velocity.

Edited by Neyco

(Sorry for the late answering, I wasn"t able to respond earlier)
I did a hip file illustrating my setup. The sim is done separately, then the geos are copied to it. And this makes me enable to control the mass in the sim.
I think there"s a much better way to deal with that, but I can't find it

Thank you again !

particle_mass_problm.hip

I think the solution is to have the velocity taken from the particles sim, and then convert my debris geo to an RBD objects?
I can"t find any clear tutorial to do that, but i"ll try to mess around