Multiple libraries in ENV (qLib, aeLib, MOPs etc)??

Hello all,

any advice on getting Houdini to see all of my libraries? My current setup only loads qLib, but not MOPs or aeLib.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = "C:/Users/Terence/Documents/Houdini_MOPS/MOPS-0.1.36/otls;&"
HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH = "C:/Users/Terence/Documents/Houdini_MOPS/MOPS-0.1.36/toolbar;&"
HOUDINI_SCRIPT_PATH = $MOPS/scripts;@/scripts

HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH;F:/MEGASCANS/support/plugins/houdini/3.0/MSLiveLink;&"

HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.5/Aelib-master;&"

AELIB=C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.5/Aelib-master

HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = $AELIB/otls;&
HOUDINI_GALLERY_PATH = $AELIB/gallery;&
HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH = $AELIB/toolbar;&
HOUDINI_SCRIPT_PATH = $AELIB/scripts;&
HOUDINI_VEX_PATH = $AELIB/vex/include;&

QLIB=C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.0/qLib-dev/otls
HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH=@/otls;$QLIB/base;$QLIB/future;$QLIB/experimental

PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH"
HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/17.5.173;&"

Rather than define the individual HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH, HOUDINI_GALLERY_PATH, etc, if your individual plug-ins all have the default internal directory structure separating /otls, /gallery, /toolbar, etc., then you should only have to append these things to HOUDINI_PATH for everything to work together.

You're defining HOUDINI_PATH at least three times, without actually appending anything to the path each time (by including the existing $HOUDINI_PATH in those later definitions). You just want one HOUDINI_PATH that includes everything. You can do it with multiple definitions if you like, you just have to remember to append rather than redefine.

For example:

MOPS="C:/Users/Terence/Documents/Houdini_MOPS/MOPS-0.1.36"

AELIB="C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.5/Aelib-master"

QLIB="C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.0/qLib-dev"

MEGA="F:/MEGASCANS/support/plugins/houdini/3.0/MSLiveLink"

Then, construct your HOUDINI_PATH by appending all these paths to your existing HOUDINI_PATH:

HOUDINI_PATH=$HOUDINI_PATH;$MOPS;$AELIB;$QLIB;$MEGA;C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/17.5.173;&

This way you don't need any of those other definitions at all, except of course the PATH variable for including Redshift plugins. By the way, that "&" at the end is a shortcut meaning "Houdini's default search path". It's recommended to include this at the end of your HOUDINI_PATH definition, but only include it once! If you're going to define HOUDINI_PATH multiple times using the append method, make sure only your last definition includes the "&".

Edited by toadstorm

Henry, thanks for your help. It worked.

Anyone else need to do this, it worked this way:

MOPS="C:/Users/Terence/Documents/Houdini_MOPS/MOPS-0.1.36"

AELIB="C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.5/Aelib-master"

QLIB="C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.0/qLib-dev"

MEGA="F:/MEGASCANS/support/plugins/houdini/3.0/MSLiveLink"

PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH"

QLIB=C:/Users/Terence/Documents/houdini17.0/qLib-dev/otls
HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH=@/otls;$QLIB/base;$QLIB/future;$QLIB/experimental

HOUDINI_PATH=$HOUDINI_PATH;$MOPS;$AELIB;$QLIB;$MEGA;C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/17.5.229;&

You shouldn't need to redefine QLIB or specifically define HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH using this method; because the base $QLIB path includes the /otls, /gallery, /scripts path internally, all you need is the HOUDINI_PATH definition that includes $QLIB and you should be good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019/5/15 at 4:30 AM, toadstorm said:

You shouldn't need to redefine QLIB or specifically define HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH using this method; because the base $QLIB path includes the /otls, /gallery, /scripts path internally, all you need is the HOUDINI_PATH definition that includes $QLIB and you should be good to go.

I tried both way,and Houdini would not load the QLIB's otls without defining HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH,just the toolbar(and script maybe) be loaded.

@Hanyllll  I have something like this and no problemoos ....

HOUDINI_PATH = F:/GameDevelopmentToolset-Development;&

QLIB = C:/Users/Srle/Documents/houdini16.0/qLib-dev

HOUDINI_GALLERY_PATH = &;$QLIB/gallery
HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = &;$QLIB/otls/base;$QLIB/otls/future;$QLIB/otls/experimental
HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH = &;$QLIB/toolbar

HOUDINI_PATH = C:/Users/Srle/Documents/houdini16.0/MyExtraToolSet; &

I throw everything else in My extra toolset _______

Edited by srletak

58 minutes ago, Hanyllll said:

I tried both way,and Houdini would not load the QLIB's otls without defining HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH,just the toolbar(and script maybe) be loaded.

Ah I misspoke about qLib, I forgot that they use the nonstandard otls/base, otls/experimental subdirectories. You'd still have to manually define HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH to find these.