Question about increasing Whitewater quality

PortalPyro98

I'm in the middle of creating Whitewater particles for my waterfall sim and after caching out the particles and converting it into a volume it looks extremely low res considering there is over 300,000 particles and 8 million Voxels.

Not sure what i'm missing but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.  

WWParticles.PNG

WWResult.PNG

WWAttributes.PNG

Have you tried rendering it? It may just be that your viewport is set up to not show the volume at it's full resolution. You could try putting down a volume visualisation node and setting max vis res to 1024 or 2048.

If that fails, it'll probably be to do with the pscale on your points - If it's too big they'll just stamp in to the volume as big spheres and you'll lose lots of detail. 

What are you going to be rendering with?

Doing a lot of open ocean stuff at the moment and rendering the vdb's with arnold/maya just for interaction foam have had to use upwards of atleast 8 Million particals to get density and detail to read through for small details, your Pscale is also extremely important. 

If you are short on machine power or ram usage i would suggest using the sphere sprite to display Pscale otherwise the stamp or copy to points can be pretty heavy to check this.

Edited by PixelEmpire
more info