Marcomeeuwse

Sphere Squeare extrution along curve

Hi Odforce,

Im trying to find a way to extrude a square along a curve. the start of the square should fit the shape, orientation and such from its orgin.
The idea is that the curve is adjustable and replaceable with other (open) curves going in other directions.

I've thrown polyframe, and polyextrude with a curve from second input and more but I seem to miss something.
Some help is really appreciated.

sphere.png.c3981390a36116bed3ffe31f7d246a68.png

Thanks in advance

Sphere square extrution.hipnc

Perhaps I was unclear. The start of the curve works if i turn off "Transform Using Point Orrientation" but then the end gets weird.

Hope this clarifies the problem. :)

Thanks in advance again!

image.png

image.png

You can try to use the polyextrude node and then input your curve to the second input and extrude along that curve.

Posted (edited)

Thanks jesper! I've done this but then it doesn't extrude along the actual shape of the curve. It cramps part of the curve from the start to end position as if end extrusion did not transform along the curve. Hope this is a clear explanation. You may view the issue in the Houdini file.

image.png.a2f7164b96438f8da5a6e382c1672b79.pngresulting in this. the extrusion does not actually follows the line

Edited by Marcomeeuwse
adding screenshot

I approached it in another way. I used polyextrude. Gave it some divions and applied an bend on it! Thanks for the help though Jesper

image.png

Posted (edited)

Too late, but you could also just use a polywire on the curve. Then use Polybridge between the sphere and the polywire. That way you can edit the curve at hearts content.

Pbridge.mp4

PBridge.hipnc

Edited by Werner