RBD - Hide passive objects

flo_NH

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to learn RBD simulations, I enjoy houdini a lot so far but struggling at the task of hiding / unhiding RBD objects.

I want to hide all passive RBD objects and only show (display & render) the active ones. I created two groups inside the packed object to set the passive and active objects. I tried the delete node but then no objects appear again in the Dop Sim even when the are keyframed as active.

What I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks for any help or hints!

Flo

orbiting_up_v01-02.hipnc

Edited by flo_NH

12 hours ago, flo_NH said:

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to learn RBD simulations, I enjoy houdini a lot so far but struggling at the task of hiding / unhiding RBD objects.

I want to hide all passive RBD objects and only show (display & render) the active ones. I created two groups inside the packed object to set the passive and active objects. I tried the delete node but then no objects appear again in the Dop Sim even when the are keyframed as active.

What I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks for any help or hints!

Flo

orbiting_up_v01-02.hipnc

Hello,

you should delete objects after simulation. If before, then a DOPnetwork will be operate with objects which there are on start frame into DOP, in this case with nothing. That why you can't see them.

orbiting_up_v01-02_fix.hipnc

Hello Victor,

thanks a lot for your help, it works perfect! 

I have one question about your solution: In your blast node (with is applied after the simulation) you have the expression Group "@active=0", when I put Group "passive_grp" which should in my newbee understanding work as well, I did not work. Why is this so?

Many thanks again,

Flo

If you click MMB on dopimport1 or look into spreadsheet when dopimport1 is selected you can see that count of groups elements doesn't change when you drag a time slider. Your start frame is 1 in the scene and DopNetwork takes groups that there are only at this frame and doesn't change them within the simulation but it changes active attribute.

• 2 weeks later...