Vellum solver takes only the first particle from POP and ignore the others

iam83

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to make a setup with spheres born in another sphere using vellum.

So basically speaking, I have a Pop network shooting particles, then I feed it into a Copy to Points node and then to Vellum Configure. It works but the problem is that it takes only the first particle and ignore the others. I guess I need to update something inside vellum but can't figure out what's exactly.

Can anyone take a look at the attached scene and point me out to possible solution, please?

Thank you a lot in advance.

sphere_vellum.hip

Edited by iam83

10 hours ago, Andrea said:

Hello! First unpack your geometry before feeding it into vellum nodes, they see just one point.

Second go inside the DOP network of the vellum solver. In the vellumsource change "Emission Type" from Only Once to Continuous, otherwise is going to take just the first frame.

sphere_vellum_fix.hip

Thanks for your quick reply Andrea! I’ll try it later today and post the result. 

Update: thank you for the fixed scene. I just dived into it. As far as I noticed you added a DOP network and then somehow configured it to work with vellum. It'd be really helpful if you could explain why you did it that way, even in a few words )). Anyway, thank you very much man!

Edited by iam83
update

I did nothing else than what I wrote above. I just went in the DOP network that is already inside the vellum solver SOP and changed the emission type. By default this parameter is not exposed so you have to do this or create your own DOP network as we usually do.

18 hours ago, Andrea said:

I did nothing else than what I wrote above. I just went in the DOP network that is already inside the vellum solver SOP and changed the emission type. By default this parameter is not exposed so you have to do this or create your own DOP network as we usually do.

Ojh ok, it's just because I get this weird trail contains of the geometry itself.

wierdness.JPG

26 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Is this from my hip file? Here it works

If is from yours, be sure you unpacked the spheres

It's unpacked but still doesn't behave as it should. The scene is slightly different but it's very close to the previous setup in terms of vellum.

sphere_div_vellum.hip

Edited by iam83