Keyframe To Expresion And Back Again

so it seems like it is possible to switch from keyframe data to an expression, as I have seen but it was an accident and don't know how it got there.

I want in my animation channel to pass off from key frame to an expression untill the next key frame and have the keyframes take over again...

this is what has been suggested so far but occurs for the life of the channel

cubic()+sin($T*360), I suppose I can do an if function, but that seems clumsy and not very procedural, is there a more elegent solution?

Thanks

3db.

Hi there,

If you pop open a Channel Editor on an animated channel with a couple of keyframes and select the segment of an animation curve between keys, you'll see that you can change the channel function just for that segment down below.

Hope this helps,

Jason

yes, I saw that and that worked pretty well, except for one thing, it didn't quite line up with the noise...so I had to be rather maticulous about numbers to get it to line up, but in the end it worked well enough, but with 20 channels it was quite tedious and won't be much fun to reanimate, someone over at sesi suggested using chops to add noise, which worked a bit better at smoothing the transitions, but again I have 20+ channels and I'm trying to figure out how to parse those channels into the noise with minimal chops well 3 actually, a fetch, a noise, and a math.. I will post an example file later...

Thanks for the advice Jason, and how's every thing @ DD? This is Ross, I was sitting next to Phillip and Vish about a month or so ago...

Cheers

3db.

Ok, well X-Ray sent me this file and it pretty much works exactly as I need, through chops the slope is evaluated, if it returns 0 noise is added, and I don't need to refrence any keyframes for their position in time. so using a few more chops, all my channels can be evaluated for 0 slope, and using copy the random seed can be itterated through each channel, now any time any of my scoped channels are static a bit of noise can be brought in used... Thanks X-Ray, brilliant!

3db.

chopNoise_v03.hipnc

On this note

This made me think about the animation mixer in XSI, it's Tracks in Maya,

I need to try this in Houdini. There must be a workflow that allows Animation Mixing, - even if you don't have multiple tracks in a nice GUI tht you wont hurt yourself on.-

Anyone have some tips in this area?

THX

-Lyn-