Houdini Pyro Clustering with many sources

Litesound

Hey guys! Please help me out! I faced the problem trying to utilize clustering pyro for my project. When there is a one object that emitts smoke it works fine but when I try to implement few sources in the sim everything tends to be more complicated. I can't figure out how to manage clusters appear at the right time and with the right orientation. Looks like it must be a sourceframe attribute job. But nothing works yet. Alredy 48 hours of a beating agaist the ice like a fish. Please check my hip file.

crazy_pyro.hip

On 16.10.2019 at 2:59 AM, Litesound said:

Hey guys! Please help me out! I faced the problem trying to utilize clustering pyro for my project. When there is a one object that emitts smoke it works fine but when I try to implement few sources in the sim everything tends to be more complicated. I can't figure out how to manage clusters appear at the right time and with the right orientation. Looks like it must be a sourceframe attribute job. But nothing works yet. Alredy 48 hours of a beating agaist the ice like a fish. Please check my hip file.

crazy_pyro.hip

Hello,

I don't know what in the CLUSTER_SOURSE hda is, but I've merged all geometry sources together and it works fine.

crazy_pyro_01.hipnc

Edited by vicvvsh

thanks a lot for the reply vicvvsh.

Literally I didn't really cleaned up the hip file thats why there was some misunderstanding. Thats correct - connecting all the pyro sources into standard clustering system now works fine. 

I opened the HDA so you can see what is inside  - The problem is that I wanted to implement custom clustering orientation and unfortunately it works only with the single pyro source

Give me some advice please

crazy_pyro_cleaned.hip

I did not explore your hda closely but I noticed that a cluster attribute creation is not correct.

Pic_011.jpg.ac5fa4fb87d2df1e0d0979b7ebb33a53.jpg

In dop network for each cluster is creating one instance of smoke object and you can see this in spreadsheet. One instance can’t share two or more clusters. And one more thing is that you are losing cluster numbers i.e. for this scene cluster 2 and 13 was lost.  I would recommend to use a shelf tool for clusters and make it works with multiple sources and orientation and then, when you will be able to understand how it works, build your custom system.

Edited by vicvvsh