solver not working on animated mesh

ashu_tosh_m

First of all, if you can help it, use Alembics. Will save you a lot of headache.

Second, you're running your simulation using previous frame as the input to your wrangle. If the previous frame was the first frame of anim... that's what your solvers going to use every frame because its never looking at the new anim. 

You need to use the object merge Input_1 to update the position of all your points to match the new position of your animated FBX.

Previous frame is where you can pull the last frames infection data from and apply it to the points of the new anim frame before solving the next frame. 

5 hours ago, Feather said:

First of all, if you can help it, use Alembics. Will save you a lot of headache.

Second, you're running your simulation using previous frame as the input to your wrangle. If the previous frame was the first frame of anim... that's what your solvers going to use every frame because its never looking at the new anim. 

You need to use the object merge Input_1 to update the position of all your points to match the new position of your animated FBX.

Previous frame is where you can pull the last frames infection data from and apply it to the points of the new anim frame before solving the next frame. 

i have done as u told but its not working...

i have connected my wrangle node to object merge input_1 but the infection is not working...

Hand_11.ABC

hand_alembic.hip

Sorry if I was unclear. Plugging your wrangle into the Object_Merge is not all of what I was suggesting. You you cannot simply switch the input of your wrangle. Important information is coming from each of those nodes.  

(Object_Merge)Input_1 is the geometry being fed into input 1 of your solver. It updates each frame and pulls in whatever is plugged into input 1 into your solver. Meaning this is your animated geometry. From this object merge you need to take the point position and use that to update the position of the points you're solving the infection on which is Previous_frame.

4 minutes ago, Feather said:

Sorry if I was unclear. Plugging your wrangle into the Object_Merge is not all of what I was suggesting. You you cannot simply switch the input of your wrangle. Important information is coming from each of those nodes.  

(Object_Merge)Input_1 is the geometry being fed into input 1 of your solver. It updates each frame and pulls in whatever is plugged into input 1 into your solver. Meaning this is your animated geometry. From this object merge you need to take the point position and use that to update the position of the points you're solving the infection on which is Previous_frame.

Thank you sooo much...it work for me...

Thanks a lot.... :-)

10 hours ago, Feather said:

or most of the times you may want to do the opposite, keep your Input_1 as your main stream, but copy the attributes you are accumulating from Prev_Frame geo as a first step

as most of the times there is more animated attributes on your source geo than just P, this will keep them all being updated, just selected attribs will be accumulated

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:08 PM, anim said:

or most of the times you may want to do the opposite, keep your Input_1 as your main stream, but copy the attributes you are accumulating from Prev_Frame geo as a first step

as most of the times there is more animated attributes on your source geo than just P, this will keep them all being updated, just selected attribs will be accumulated

I know this is an old thread, but this little tidbit right here helped me solve the issue I was up until 3am trying to fix. I would have never thought to reverse the usual Prev_Frame setup...Thank you.

Edited by smbell