Only mesh flip particles that are closest together?

JFWfilms

Average proximity would be one way, check how far away your nearby particles are. If the 10 nearest particles to your current point are greater than 1cm away, then split this into a seperate group. mesh only those that were not in this group, and leave the rest as points.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Average proximity would be one way, check how far away your nearby particles are. If the 10 nearest particles to your current point are greater than 1cm away, then split this into a seperate group. mesh only those that were not in this group, and leave the rest as points.

Hi thanks for the reply! Sorry but how would I go about checking the proximity of each point?

Hey, in the flip solver you have a droplet attribute. Igor mentions it in the notes at the bottom right, you can use it to detect droplets, and just before your mesh you cleanup all those droplets particles and mesh only the ones that are not particles !

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi there, 

I'm sure there are a lot of different ways to do that, I will probably use point cloud to found out the how many points in the searching area.

For example

int pts[] = pcfind(0, "P", @P, 0.1, 10);

if(len(pts) < 10){
    removepoint(0,@ptnum);
}

So if there are less 10 points find in 0.1 meter area, blast the particles.

Then you can mesh the remaining.

Hope this would help.