A question about crowd transitions

toothpaste

I've got a few animation clips ( clips 1 - 5 ) appended to my agent. Then I built transition graphics from clip 1 to all other 4 clips, and I see a little spider web formed while viewing the transition graph ( which to me means they can now freely travel from each other ).

I then set up everything in the dopnet and randomized the initial clips on my source, plugged in the crowd transition graph into the crowd object and hit play, ready to view all my animations randomly transition between each other.

But all the solver did was to loop each clip's initial state, and only the one crowd agent who started on clip 1 ran through all 5 clips ( I assume this is because I've actually set up all the possible transitions for clip 1).

Which leads to my assumption that I need to build a transition graph for EACH clip to EACH OTHER clip for what I want to achieve to work ( crowd agents randomly transition between clips )?

I might not have worded this question well, but I don't know how to make it more concise.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, toothpaste said:

Which leads to my assumption that I need to build a transition graph for EACH clip to EACH OTHER clip for what I want to achieve to work ( crowd agents randomly transition between clips )?

Yes you are right. Creating Clip A -> Clip B only allows it to go from A to B, but not B to A. So you need to set up Clip B -> Clip A too.

• Like 1