Hscript Instances + Shader Defined In Otl

hoknamahn

Hey guys!

Maybe someone knows is it possible and how to solve this problem. I have some custom SOP and a shader defined inside it. I'm trying to use HScript Instancing to instance a bunch of that SOPs. All parameters which I pass as point attributes works fine excepting one - the name of a shader. I create the string type point attribute with name shop_vm_surface that point to shader. It doesn't work. But if I write a shader name in the Shading tab of object that works fine. So the first question is how to create a pointer to the shader properly (if it's possible). Other question is how to create a properly reference to shader that defined inside OTL.

Not quite sure if this is your problem but it can happen that you are trying to render with a shader that Houdini has no idea that it should be sending the shader definition to Mantra. So if you look under the Specific tab of the MantraROP you should see a parameter called SHOP References. Set this to Declare all SHOPs and Houdini will inform Mantra about all shader definitions in your hipfile regardless of whether you're using them or not.