Carve curve on controlled PT

Saya

Hi,

Im looking for a way to carve a curve on a given starting point. In example 1 it starts at the centre of the fused curve. But I wish to find a way to start the carve where the sphere is positioned.

These curves are combined l-systems curves. Also attached a houdini file

image.png.11879abb7d3dc0133fab4f142c102977.png image.png.2b89ecb85f99a3be52077fbdc6340298.png image.png.83556a96bb36ae9ac9d5c2f40ed85941.png

example 1                               example 2                         example 3

Hope someone knows.

Thanks in advance,

M

Carve curve on controlled PT.hipnc

Hi,

there are probably many ways to do this.

Here is my approach:

• making a single prim curve by connecting each curves (reversing u-value manually, if necessary)
  • defining an u-value (start) and an offset-value (width)
  • additionally a speed modification can be used (to make the carves reach the ends at the same time)
  • creating 2 curves with u + speed1*width and u - speed2*width

Carve curve on controlled PT_.hipnc

• Like 2

Hi Liberian and Aizatulin,
Thanks for the several approaches, I've tried to apply them all but could not do it.

The linked resources will defiantly come in handy when I have need to apply them, as i could not find a way to use these in creating a controlled starting point for Carve. So nesting L-systems are handy as well the way around for creating variables within the Carve SOP. I did not get how the moving points along the line will help as you can also use shift points within the sort SOP.
Also the video is super detailed and close to what I try to archieve :D but my understanding of VEX is not sufficient enough of understand all those functions. So I guess I need to break it down and see what those all do.

The other approach is what i want to achieve but reversed. And I just realised the pictures are actually what you've created. Sorry.  I can read the vex in control wrangle but im coming short in visualizing why it works. I've been fiddeling with the VEX and altering the - to + and the other way around. Also switching input parameters from first U to second U but without success.