Converting numerical values to text

chlowden

Hello

1. I am a total Houdini neophyte. I want to attempt a procedural animation that I had managed to do with Blender and Animation Nodes.

2. I am looking to animate mathematical equations, having numbers change over a specific time. In Blender, I have done a similar animation using the frame rate to increment the calculations. The calculations are not real, they only illustrate a change of numerical state.

I attach the node flow of the Animation Nodes. I figure that the node graph is reasonably self explanatory.

Can something similar be done by nodes or is it VEX ?

Why am I asking when I already have a result? Currently, these Animation Nodes calculations cannot be exported out of Blender. My goal is to export the animation in alembic and I figure Houdini can do that.
Any thoughts are most welcome.

Thank you

Screenshot from 2020-02-24 18-09-30.png

Thank you for your interest.

So sorry for not be clear.

Result : In the 3D scene are Numbers that count over time.

I would need to set the start time of the counter, the start value & the end value.

The font tool Frame counter using

Frame: $F

seemed like a good start but I have not found a way to develop this to have the counter start at a specific frame more count between 2 values over a certain number of frames.

I hope this is clearer

Thank you

Edited by chlowden

• 4 weeks later...