vex wrangle custom @up vector strangenessssssss

Hi there 

this is really puzzling me and I was wondering if anyone could help. 

I'm making polygons disconnect and rotate. I'd like more control than the old primitive sop allows over direction of rotation so I've packed the polygons and I'm attempting to rotate them using some custom vectors. 

First I ran into trouble with the pivot not being as I'd expected on the surface of the polygon so I made a custom pivot. 

Then a wrangle rotating around an up vector generated from the prim @N worked fine. 

I then tried to make a custom @upA , firstly it did some very odd things with the transforms even when the values were set the same as the correctly working v@up. 

I noticed that the vector type was different than @up so converted the vector from float to 'vector' type xyz . So on the face of it the attributes look exactly the same. 

But very strangely produce different @orient results. 

Any help much appreciated :)

Ta 

John 

prim_rotate01_custom_up_axis01.hip

Thanks Skybar 

that did do the trick for the v@custom_UP , I think the v@custom_pivot I had made was throwing me off course. Any v@up other than from the @N would through my rotations way off using it. 

I'll stick to the centroid for now even though its not perfectly on the surface of my polys. 

Thanks again 

John  

prim_rotate01_custom_up_axis02.hip