for each very slow / vex ways? / intersect_all

squardis

Hi, is there a faster way to check 10000+ objects for some attributes?

Im making a tool that uses intersect_all()
I want to make a tool that looks at the objects and see if it is visible by the camera position.
And if it isnt, it can be delete the object ( not only the prims or points). 

So what I did now is to give it a color promoteToDetail in a for each to MAX and promote it back down to have the object the max value.

But is there a better and quicker way if there are so much objects?

thnx

- instead of intersect_all() you can use intersect() as if any part of the individual object geo is visible you don't want to delete the object

- instead of for-each you can use single Attribute Promote SOP which can promote per piece instead of just to detain of the whole geo containing all the pieces

27 minutes ago, anim said:

- instead of intersect_all() you can use intersect() as if any part of the individual object geo is visible you don't want to delete the object

- instead of for-each you can use single Attribute Promote SOP which can promote per piece instead of just to detain of the whole geo containing all the pieces

-for-each: What??? since when can you do this in promote sop? I have to double check this....

-intersect() <-  checking this one to!!! thnx for the fast feedback!!

6 minutes ago, squardis said:

-for-each: What??? since when can you do this in promote sop? I have to double check this....

since 

Houdini 17.0.291 The Attrib Promote SOP now supports using a piece attribute, in which case the SOP applies the promotion method for each unique value of the piece attribute. This allows for easy accumulation of attributes (such as the average point position) per piece.
  • Like 1