Creeper vine set up

Hey guys,

I am trying to make a vine growing set up similar to this one

It looks like it is made with a particle system flowing around the geo , please correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried to emit particles from a point near the geo, and draw a line from this particles but they're always attracted  and get stuck in corners .

Is there a better way to do this?

I join my project file to this conversation. If someone had the time to have a look, that would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

C

VINE.zip

You can use minpos function into a POP wrangle.
You can check some explanation here on Mestela cgwiki. search for "pop stick"

You need to add some rotationnal or turbulance force to the particule to get your particles to go in all faces directions.
However I also get particles stuck for moment on some points. It's why I keep the vdb smoothing (not necessary for minpos use), as I get less "stucking".
I have no explanation. Need a more experiment houdinist here :rolleyes:

creeper_F.hip

Salut ;)

another way could be to use findshortestpath. Tho it give a different look then a proper "vine". As you get less of a main "trunk" an branches.

but this way, you can control where the veins are going better (use the end group for that).

If you do need that trunk, you can maybe get it with particle and replicate to do the branching. I only started it in the attached hip file, but it needs to branch off differently for better results.

hope it helps a little..

creeper+6ril.hipnc

Edited by 6ril