Random vellum points "pinned" on remeshed grid without pinning active

bentway23

I'm tinkering with vellum and have a weird issue--when I use a plain grid as the cloth object and run it through a remesh, random points are/act as if they are pinned (they are given a @mass of 0), even though there is nothing set as pinned in the vellum constraint node.

I've emptied the cache, restarted, even tried a new grid with slightly a different initial subdivision count, and the result is the same--various points stay in space, pinned (although with differing initial geo point counts, the points that don't move are different).

A grid without remesh works fine. A planar patch actually works fine. I've tried various other objects, all run through remesh nodes (and without), and they all work fine. I could even assign those points a new mass through a wrangle, and that worked fine, but it seems like for something as basic as a remeshed grid, this shouldn't be happening.

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this just why god and SideFX made planar patches?

vellum_pinning_problem.hiplc