How to setup velocity motion blur and geometry motion blur in RenderMan for Houdini in Solaris ?

I am trying to get velocity motion blur and geometry motion blur in Solaris RednerMan 23.2 and Houdini 18.0.391, both of this motion blur working fine with karma I can't get this work in RednerMan in Solaris .

All of this motion blur works outside Solaris , only inside Solaris RednerMan doesn't show any motion blur, I tried batch render it doesn't help. only geometry motion blur shows with large shutter in camera but I can't find any way to add more geometry samples in RednerMan . There is no information about motion blur setup on RednerMan Solaris help file. 

Edited by msmahesh

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:16 AM, msmahesh said:

I am trying to get velocity motion blur and geometry motion blur in Solaris RednerMan 23.2 and Houdini 18.0.391, both of this motion blur working fine with karma I can't get this work in RednerMan in Solaris .

All of this motion blur works outside Solaris , only inside Solaris RednerMan doesn't show any motion blur, I tried batch render it doesn't help. only geometry motion blur shows with large shutter in camera but I can't find any way to add more geometry samples in RednerMan . There is no information about motion blur setup on RednerMan Solaris help file. 

How did you get it to work with karma? I cannot get velocity motion blur working in karma or redshift. I asked someone from sidefx who asked a dev and apparently it's was sorta possible but not really.. so i assumed it wasn't possible at all. Any ideas how to make it work with karma? I've turned it on but nothing is happening.

3 hours ago, Timvanhelsdingen said:

How did you get it to work with karma? I cannot get velocity motion blur working in karma or redshift. I asked someone from sidefx who asked a dev and apparently it's was sorta possible but not really.. so i assumed it wasn't possible at all. Any ideas how to make it work with karma? I've turned it on but nothing is happening.

I created a simple scene with velocity motion blur you can check it below. you need to turn on Enable motion blur, set velocity blur to velocity blur and set Geometry Time Sample to 2 form render geometry settings node.

lops_velocity_blur.hip

Annotation 2020-05-06 222744.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-06 223026.jpg

Edited by msmahesh