Grains Attraction in SOP

Noobini

So I was told you can't even go to da beach for some experiments !!!

oh well, so as the current setup in DOP, there's access to attractionweight and stiffness. But they're not exposed to vellum solver in SOP, is there some way to 'wrangle' this inside the solver ?

attractionweight

attractionstiffness

(also while in DOP, looking thru spreadsheet...where the hell do i find these attribs ? )

vu_GrainsVellumSOP.hiplc

Edited by Noobini

just unlock Vellum Solver SOP and inside on the Vellum Solver DOP set Attraction Weight and Stiffness to 1

then use f@attractionweight and f@attractionstiffness point attributes to scale them, either as initial values from input geo or dynamically inside of the solver

just make sure they are point attributes on the Geometry data not Prim on ConstranitGeometry as you have it now

vu_GrainsVellumSOP_fix.hiplc

Edited by anim

6 minutes ago, Noobini said:

I added a wrangle before feeding the vellumsolver but it gets overridden by the DOP inside the SOP solver (values 1 and 1)

well, yes, because I left the one you had inside before, just fixed to work on Geometry and be point, so you can just delete or bypass it if you don't want to set it dynamically 

vu_GrainsVellumSOP_fix3.hiplc

Edited by anim
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Noobini said:

wonder why they don't expose these to SOP land...think it would be handy...might start nagging SESI.

please do, one never knows whether it is on purpose so that you have to have FX license to do that or if it's just because grain parameters came in later so they were never promoted to SOP level