Increasing POPs particles on every frame

ojiahao

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a newbie question, but I'd like to create a simulation that consists of a growing points in grains. What I had in mind was to point scatter an animated alembic (From C4D) and mapped it into an AutoDopNetwork. However, the resulting effect only solved on the first frame. Is there any way to let the simulation solve on every frame equals to the amount of scatter points I have?

Dave

don't you get this effect for free ? in all/points modes ? if you're not careful...they mult exponentially ?

(this is sort of why you must be careful with emit RBDs in the new SOP workflow). Prolly best if you upload a simple scenario.

I don't quite get a few things in there...like the delete ? and a popnet but also DOP...which one is in use?

Anyway, maybe change the Emission Type to Points, then in Birth>Impulse activation: $F==1 (so it emits on frame 1 only) then set impulse count to say 50000 ?

try that.

Thank you for the reply!

So sorry about the file, was in the midst of recreating the network and didn't realized that I did not delete the popnet while optimizing the file to upload here! Unfortunately, after using  Birth>Impulse activation: $F==1 meant that the points will only be emitted on the first frame, how would you go about setting up a simulation that has increasing points due to a deformation (In this case, the mountain with a height deformation in this new file)?

Sample02.hip

oh...well in some examples you might say $F%30==0 so that you 'emit'  more objects into the sim every 30 frames instead of constantly

that's an option...or if you 'know' you want to emit only on certain frames like 1....then 13....then 17.....then 55...whatever then use

$F==1 || $F==13 || $F==blah blah

these are hardcoded and not procedural...but it might get the job done (and you get paid?)

I do understand that we can set emission based on frames, but this isn't what I was looking for, are there any means to get the exact same points that was generated in the points from volume scatter / frame as the points that will be simulated in the Dop network?