How to get rid of frag edges on fractured obj?

Hi. i am building rbd destruction simulations. 

i am trying to use Switch node to erase the frag line from fractured obj before rbd simulation started. 

what kind expression should i use with the node? 

or is there better way to erase those lines?

Just now, Noobini said:

are you thinking like glass...you don't want to see anything (edges) broken UNTIL it is physically broken ?

yes exactly !!!!

i am making wall destruction. even before the breaking collision goes on, my wall already seems fractured..

10 minutes ago, houdiniwhy said:

by the way, isn't the node only available to use when it used with 'rbd material fracture node'? 

does sound like it with the rbd prefix...but i just did a quick test with vorofrac and it didn't complain.

4 minutes ago, Noobini said:

so for less than H18, can't you use the old switch trick ? ie. use orig geo before break, at break switch to the fractured geo

oh thanks! should i use VEX on switch node?? otherwise, how does the node knows when to start..?

Just now, houdiniwhy said:

oh thanks! should i use VEX on switch node?? otherwise, how does the node knows when to start..?

well you know when the break starts right ? say the ball hits the window at frame 30, then in the switch, connect unbroken window 1st, then connect broken window 2nd, then in select input: $F>30

10 minutes ago, Noobini said:

well you know when the break starts right ? say the ball hits the window at frame 30, then in the switch, connect unbroken window 1st, then connect broken window 2nd, then in select input: $F>30

thank you very much! i will try it right now :))

well its actually breaking two times. like one time at 12frame and one time at 90frame.

hope it works!!!!