How do I add a wallpaper texture to only the front side of a brick wall sim?

Hello everyone, I work with Houdini and Maya, I am having a problem figuring out how to uv and add textures to a rigid simulation. Here's the problem:

I have a brick wall which when acted upon by a geo which is sphere will shatter upon impact. Unlike other sims I have worked on, I don't want the wall to shatter as different voronoi pieces but as bricks. That's, every rectangular brick will be a piece. Now, I have a wallpaper which I want to be on front side of the wall as a texture. Furthermore, as the brick wall shatters, I want the other 5 sides of each brick to have a different texture (say a checkerboard). I have done rigid sims and i know how to add texture, but since this is a brickwall, it is a problem thinking how to go about it. My problem is how do I create the UV and how do I assign the textures bearing in mind that the wallpaper must sit and align on the front side of the wall? I can't imagine myself texturing 100 bricks one by one. Thanks in advance.

for a brick wall that breaks apart as bricks and not fractures, have a look here: (1st gif, you see the bricks
 as hex blocks, they remain hex blocks as they break...not tiny random fractures like the 2nd gif)

8 minutes ago, Noobini said:

for a brick wall that breaks apart as bricks and not fractures, have a look here: (1st gif, you see the bricks
 as hex blocks, they remain hex blocks as they break...not tiny random fractures like the 2nd gif)

Thanks for your reply but I already know how to do that. My problem is that I want a certain wallpaper (say a lion wallpaper) as a texture on the front side of the wall. Then as the brick wall shatters (as in the first gif you shared), I want the remaining five sides of each brick to take a different texture (say checkerboard).  Do you gave an idea how to implement?

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/04/2020 at 12:12 AM, Noobini said:

simples...

(if you can make out the texture on the backsides of these broken bricks without looking in the file, you're a genius)

baconwall.gif

vu_baconwall.hiplc

the wallpaper on the brick doesn't show in render. Don't know why. I'm using redshift 

EDIT:

I figured it out. I wasn't selecting the geometry. Oversight 

Edited by Learna