POP Fluid and RBD Object Mutual Collision

scaduxx

Is it possible to have a mutual collision between Pop Solver, with POP Fluid, and an RBD Object ?

Something like the Feedback Scale we have in Flip Solver.

It's a basic Setup, I have a box, blasted the top edge, and an RBD Sphere in there, and I emmit Pop Fluid and I'm trying to achieve mutual collisions, so to make the sphere float on the liquid surface

32 minutes ago, scaduxx said:

Is it possible to have a mutual collision between Pop Solver, with POP Fluid, and an RBD Object ?

Something like the Feedback Scale we have in Flip Solver.

It's a basic Setup, I have a box, blasted the top edge, and an RBD Sphere in there, and I emmit Pop Fluid and I'm trying to achieve mutual collisions, so to make the sphere float on the liquid surface

Unfortunately is not possible using the default engine options to define collisions (mutual collision relationship). If you want to have a feedback like effect on your RBDs you need to create all by yourself, one way can be to use impacts from the collisions between the RBDs and particles to create a field force that can define some forces to influence the RBD behavior, this can be a bit of a nightmare because you need enough general iteration on the dynamics engine for the bullet solver to converge to a stable solution. I think the best way is to use Vellum grains + pop fluid and a simple Vellum object that can represent your "solid object", this way you will have mutual interaction between both objects. its very important that you disable the constraints on the vellum grains for the pop fluid to work better on the position integration.

I hope this helps you!

Cheers!

Alejandro