Resize fluid container to encompass custom fields pyro (sparse) houdini 18

CosmicKiwi123

Hi Everyone,

I already posted this on the SideFX technical discussions forum, but I though I would post it here as well. So here goes.

I am stuck with one section of my pyro simulation. I am using gas target force microsolver to push my smoke towards my goal field. I have sourced my density and goal with volume source nodes, merged and plugged into the source input of the pyro solver (sparse). My density is going to the density field, and my goal is going to the goal field. I am using a gas match field to create the goal field, prior to sourcing in the goal from my source volumes. The issue is the fluid container for the simulation does not grow large enough to encompass my goal field aswell. I normally would just increase the size of the fluid container manually to encompass all my fields, but there is no such option on the sparse pyro solver, and sparse smoke object. I have also tried using gas resize fluid dynamic, and plugging in my goal and density field into the reference field, but it does not work. I am sure this is quite simple, but I cannot figure out how to get the fluid container to grow to encompass both my density and my goal field. Currently my target force nodes are disabled because they serve no purpose right now. Any help would be really appreciated, thank you. I have attached my hip file with post.

Target_Force_Pyro_H18.hipnc

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I might be running into the same issue. i'm creating a "tempvel" field using a gas analysis node and then pushing this through a gas calculate to get some nice smoke action. This works exactly as I want it to using the old smoke solver. I'm having no luck with the exact same setup using the sparse smoke solver. I know it's a reference field somewhere I'm not referencing but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Anybody had any luck with this? Does have something to do with the "Stencil Field" in the gas analysis node or is it something in the gas calculate? I have attached a test file below if anybody has time to take a look at it. 

image.png.d7a99ace5ad7a12f7dfd33cd0c767649.png

sparse_vs_original_flavor_v001.hip