bullet metal bending by constraints

tagosaku

hi, I have a question about bullet sim for metal bending. Goal is to able to bend many times by a certain condition. So far , I tried a couple of tests, but never work properly. Outline of my thought and trials are:

- hit a box and metal is bent momentaily and stop motion and keep a shape completely . And repeat to hit a box and metal is bent over and over again....

- use Glue and Soft(or hard) constraints to switch each other in SOP-solver by conditions of primitive attributes: impact, force, torque, etc. 

- probably we should not 'next_constraint_name' attribute in order to repeat switching constraints.

- When using impact attribute to trigger switch glue to Soft constraints, fraguments start jiggling. This is because I guess fragments geo struggle with mixed constraints. Some constraints are connected as glue, and others are as Soft. 

- probably when switching constraint type, I should switch a whole fragments, instead of just a hit collsied pieces, in order to avoid strange jiggle.

- If I just need one time bending, it's easy. Just picking one frame to switch a whole constraints to Glue. 

- maybe example pic has too many colliding boxs. Colliding could be happening every 50frames..

Thus, if anyone gives me a very smart rig, it would be amazing, thanks!

metalBend.JPG

Edited by tagosaku