BIG FBX import problems

Hi! New user here. Was testing the software expecting it to help me with some big FBX files that needs to be polygon optimized. I come from a 3dsmax background so progressing slowly here. Ive some fbx coming from catia files that are BIG. Big in the GB size, and big on the number of objects(tens of thousands or even hundreds). I was trying to import some of this files and it really looks that hoidini cant do it properly, waited for 6-7 hours and nothing. SO I tried with a file in he 300 MB size, and happened the same. 

Im sure Im doing something wrong, because 3dsmax import it with no issues, maybe I have to wait an hour or two, but thats it.  I dont want to give up so early, any help on this? 

Thanks in advance!!

On 5/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, tronkyfran2 said:

Hi! New user here. Was testing the software expecting it to help me with some big FBX files that needs to be polygon optimized. I come from a 3dsmax background so progressing slowly here. Ive some fbx coming from catia files that are BIG. Big in the GB size, and big on the number of objects(tens of thousands or even hundreds). I was trying to import some of this files and it really looks that hoidini cant do it properly, waited for 6-7 hours and nothing. SO I tried with a file in he 300 MB size, and happened the same. 

Im sure Im doing something wrong, because 3dsmax import it with no issues, maybe I have to wait an hour or two, but thats it.  I dont want to give up so early, any help on this? 

Thanks in advance!!

Hi, did you try to use the file sop? Or how are you importing? 

well try your workflow on a single sphere, see how you go.

Yeah that sounds ridiculously simple, but that's my approach.

at least I won't have to wait for hours for something to comeback...or at least I KNOW it should not take hours.