Geometrychop And Delaychop

I guess the description said it.

i pulled a animated geometry into chops with the geometryCHOP, and than I want to delay it with a delayCHOP not evenly, but different for each point. is it possible to achieve this?

I tried a point() expression in the delay1 field, but I have no clue how to specify the right pointnumber for all the different channels

martin

The $C variable specifies the channel, and there's 1 channel per point, so you can enter something like

rand($C) * <amplitude>

and it'll randomly delay the points up to <amplitude> seconds (you might want to switch the Units to Frames on the Common page, to make tweaking a little easier.).

Make sure the CHOP's Remainder parm is set to "Discard Remainder", otherwise the animated points won't match back up with your geometry.

The $C variable specifies the channel, and there's 1 channel per point, so you can enter something like

rand($C) * <amplitude>

and it'll randomly delay the points up to <amplitude> seconds (you might want to switch the Units to Frames on the Common page, to make tweaking a little easier.).

Make sure the CHOP's Remainder parm is set to "Discard Remainder", otherwise the animated points won't match back up with your geometry.

What the "Reminder Param" means?

ok, but I still have some problems, with this. I get 3 channels for each point and they are order like this (see attached pic). how can I shift them correct on a per point basis?

martin

rand($C) * <amplitude>

post-1071-1161423512_thumb.jpg