Scale by Attribute -Vellum

logix1390

Hello,

I'm trying to use the "scale by Attribute" option for the Bend stiffness for my vellum hair. However it does not seem to work

I created a primitive attribute called "bendstiffness" before it goes into the Vellum Constraints sop. This seems to have no affect on the sim even though the attribute seems to be initialized properly.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly... Is the "scale by attribute" parameter meant for customization of the attribute AFTER the Vellum constraints node or am I supposed to customize my attribute BEFORE it gets plugged in ?

I will attach my file for anyone that wants to take a look. 

Thank you

scale_by_attribute_vellum.hipnc

set your wrangle to points will work.

Aside:

btw, in vellumhair, don't set the stiffness to 'millions' first. Just disable your wrangle for this test for now, use the multiplier (order of mag) first so you set it to to say 0.01 with stiffness at 1, you'll see it flops straightaway, then you keep dialing in the multiplier to what you want which would be FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR quicker than to adjust the Stiffness itself. When you've hit the jackpot with the Multiplier, THEN you may finely tune it with the Stiffness.