Mantra crashes when creating displacement for extended ocean

Hey guys, I'm facing a problem when I want to render my extended ocean. Mantra crashes during the displacement creation process, and I'm pretty sure it's not an hardware issue (Ryzen 2700X, 64 gb ram). The output mesh is pretty bizarre : I have a surface created under the mesh when it should be flattened and so there should be no surface here :

image.thumb.png.80123dcc738f04a4de5d1bcd230fa8a9.png 

I dont know what's causing this, but I'm pretty sure that this makes mantra crashing everytime. I tried using a grid instead of the mesh and it's working. I think that what's causing this issue is that when I simulated the fluid there was no particle under the collider and so it results in this weird mesh, I'll try to simulate again with a larger particle layer to see if it solves something.

Here are the meshing parameters :

bug_hou.thumb.png.f9b2e2fe785387d45db6aa9aea938659.png

I can attach the file if needed but as there are heavy caches that needs to be calculated it may bothers when looking for the bug.

Cheers,

So after investigating more I think I have too much polygons and mantra crashes when calculating the displacement. The fluid is a poly soup with 2.4 millions points and I thought my computer will be able to render that easily. I turned off true displacement on the ocean shader and it's working nicely.

Cheers,

Edit : without true displacement, it's ugly as hell, and I've still not managed to fix the crash. If anyone has an idea about how to solve this, I'll be glad to read it

Edited by DonRomano

So I've investigated more tonight and finally I just don't have enough ram to fit the displacement calculation, even with 64 gigs i run short. I'll render the displaced ocean on a grid and the fluid itself on different passes and i'll make a bit of comp magic ! 

Cheers,