UV on FLIP using Rest

RyanJP

I know this question has been asked on here a few times but I still cannot seem to get a straight answer. I watched the 16.5 FLIP masterclass on how to use the dual rest solver but the thing is Jeff Wagner never actually got it working. If you open his scene files and disable/enable the VOP node you can see he actually didn't do anything- it's the same UV result either way coming from the UV Quickshade. Then I tried to read up on the Dual Rest and Dual Rest Solver nodes, to which there is essentially no explanation in the Houdini help. And while I understand the concept of the Rest SOP measuring the distance between initial positions and deformed positions on points, I still don't understand how to translate that into UV space.

So I want to just put this to bed by asking a straightforward question and hopefully receiving a straight answer! (Please no links to other threads I literally have been down a rabbit hole on this several times with no good answers). I want to take the rubber toy test geometry, add it to flip with simple fluid source and FLIP object, use gravity to smash it against a floor plane. Outputting dual rest attributes from the flip solver. In this scenario, how can I-

a - take the initial UVs from the geometry and have them deform with the sim

b - take the dual rest attribs and use those to UV on my own with a procedural texture