Easy way to animate material hue?

Spencer_Fx

Hey, so I'm using redshift and houdini. I want to animate the hue of one of my materials, but keyframing is not allowed in the mat context. I tried using $F to animate the material, but the parameters are RGB, not HSV. I also tried using the vex function `hsvtorgb`, to fill the RGB params accordingly: R = (hsvtorgb($F, 1, 0.5).x) , G = (hsvtorgb($F, 1, 0.5).y), B = (hsvtorgb($F, 1, 0.5).z) , however it looks like this vex function isn't available in the parameter context. Any suggestions? Fingers crossed that there's a simple fix :)

Btw, not to complicate things too much, but I'm actually attempting to animate the color values of a RS volume, which has no inputs, and outputs an OutColor, which I plug into the volume input of the RS material output. So I'd prefer any solutions which would work for my situation, but am also curious to know if there are other solutions to animating hue, even if they might not work in my particular scene. Thanks you!

5 hours ago, Spencer_Fx said:

but keyframing is not allowed in the mat context

Not sure what is the problem as you can keyframing almost everything in rs vopnets. In volume you can act on tint.
On standard materials you an use rsColorCorrection to act on hue.

RS hue.hiplc

RSHue.gif

Edited by flcc