Contest Entries

MatrixNAN

Hey Val,

The hands should be right I measured the fingers and they are the same length as the palms which is accurate. I will go back and remeasure them though. I will try measuring the length from the palm to tip of the fingers and make sure it matches the length from the chin to the eyebrows. Thanks for the crit.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

Hey Val,

The hands should be right I measured the fingers and they are the same length as the palms which is accurate. I will go back and remeasure them though. I will try measuring the length from the palm to tip of the fingers and make sure it matches the length from the chin to the eyebrows. Thanks for the crit.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

sorry for my English :)

I meant this parts :post-1169-1162704080_thumb.jpg

(to short for me).

Hey Val,

Oh his arms. I will check it again but I think the finger tips go half way down the thighs which would be correct if they do. I got it partly rigged up not very well mind you but good enough to test that again. Hey Val could you look at my Work Flow Page so that you can get a better look at the length of the arms. I know camera angle sometimes messes with me. I will also check the length of my guys arms again. Here is the link to my workflow.

Workflow

Thanks Jason. :);) There were some new entries too just recently posted so if everyone has not seen them please go over there and check it out. A seriously nice SSS solution that render super fast. Its sooo cool. A lot of good new entries. Man am I glad I am not a judge on this contest. This contest really got brutal. There are just so many good entries and I think the community will really grow after this contest again. We always seem to see a sudden boom in the community after one of these contests. I really love the work that is being shared from this too so there are others besides me that are showing how they did their contest entry. Hopefully that keeps happening and we can all learn from each other. I think I will be at the next Siggraph for once guys. Looking forward to Houdini 9. :);) Oh I have a question for you. I heard something about a beta fur tool for Houdini where do you get that or how do you sign up for it?

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

Hey Nate,

The Fur tools are part of the proto install which means it is not officially supported by SESI. After sourcing houdini_setup (or houdini_setup_bash), type proto_install in the shell & look for "SOP_Fur.inst".

Luckily for us, wolfwood has done a lot of hard work for us. Please visit the Fur and Hair Help post for all the juicy details.

Cheers!

steven

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Steven,

Thank You very much man. Its much appericated.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

Hey Nate,

The Fur tools are part of the proto install which means it is not officially supported by SESI. After sourcing houdini_setup (or houdini_setup_bash), type proto_install in the shell & look for "SOP_Fur.inst".

Luckily for us, wolfwood has done a lot of hard work for us. Please visit the Fur and Hair Help post for all the juicy details.

Cheers!

steven

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone,

Well I saw a post that Leoooo linked to of mine for normal mapping in Houdini, and my work from back then well scared me because its just not nearly as good as what I have been currently doing. So let me post the work I have been currently doing so people don't think I suck. lol Maybe I should put that short tutorial in a Wiki here in the near future. lol

th_RealisticMaleHead_05.jpg

Here is another version I did thats real rough around the edges in just 30 minutes from the base mesh in the image above. I call the 2nd one a rough life. I know its a bit smashed in. I could not sculpt in anything but division 5 because ZBrush has some bug that is ripping my model apart literally.

th_RealisticMaleHeadFrontRoughLife_01.jpg

Cheers,

Nate Nesler