HEEEELP PLEASE!! vellum instance orientation problem!!!! :(

dyei nightmare

hi! whats up,  the problem is this:  i have this situation where i have some instances with vellum,  and i want to set diferent directions for each instance based on vectors and matrices,  and the patchname attribute for each seed, but for some reason the 'patch'  or 'patchname' is not readed by the solver  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :(  :o      patchname is renamed to 'patch' in a wrangle and it is not reading it anyway :(

so what is the error here?   which is the way to import patchname in the solver so i can set each orient matrix attribute and apply a diferent direction for each instance?  because thats is the goal, setting a diferent orientation to set diferent direction for each instance :(   how do you use patchname inside the whole context to perform diferent seed for each instance!!!! :(

here is the file:

vellum_instance_orient.hip

currently you are deleting the original pathchname attribute, so next frame your @patch will be mostly 0s also, essentially every frame where there are no ew patches generated all of them will be 0

so in your sopsolver1/attribpromote1, uncheck Delete Original to keep the patchname attrib on points

also you may want to merge your nodes after vellum source if you want to see the correct orient at the end of every frame

28 minutes ago, anim said:

currently you are deleting the original pathchname attribute, so next frame your @patch will be mostly 0s also, essentially every frame where there are no ew patches generated all of them will be 0

so in your sopsolver1/attribpromote1, uncheck Delete Original to keep the patchname attrib on points

also you may want to merge your nodes after vellum source if you want to see the correct orient at the end of every frame

thanks for the answer  anim!!!   what do you mean by  merging the nodes after vellum source?  you mean that i should move them to post- solve?  merged with vellum source at the right side>????