ManHatTan

Real world position from object inside SOP

Hi. Newbie question. Like the title says, I'm trying to get the real world position of an object inside a SOP. Have googled and searched and found a few different answers, none of which worked for me.

What I'm trying to do: I'm building a daylight system. I have a SOP that moves/rotates a null depending on season and time of day - outside SOP I have a sun light that I want to somehow link to the null, but I can't figure out how. Any help appreciated.

Nobody? Like I say, I'm new to Houdini and maybe these are very basic questions, but I'm a bit stuck. Maybe there's a better way to build a daylight system?

It's usually easier (and more inviting for people to help) if you share a hipfile showing where you are stuck, it can be difficult trying to decipher what you are trying to do let alone fix it through text.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:05 PM, Skybar said:

It's usually easier (and more inviting for people to help) if you share a hipfile showing where you are stuck, it can be difficult trying to decipher what you are trying to do let alone fix it through text.

Sorry, I missed your answer. Thanks for answering. I solved it in another way that turned out to be cleaner.