rbd clustering + constraints

catchyid

Hi,

I want to do something simple, yet not sure how? I have 4 columns, 1 window --> my goal:

1-break columns, cluster column pieces (combine pieces), create constraints in columns given the new clusters --> done

2- break window --> done 

3-cluster window pieces --> problem: "cluster" node works universally, cannot say cluster only window? Any solution?

4-create constraint between window pieces --> done

5-create constraint between walls and windows --> problem: i don't find a way to attach windows to walls? this is the most important thing here? without constraining windows to walls, windows will fall once simulation start as they are not glued to any thing?

Question 5 is the most important one :) if someone has some ideas (am sure it should easy), plz let me know :)

PS. hip file attached....

Cheers

image.png.91289532ea820467eda71a52c1ddbde2.png

image.png.3f0146b87ad1dabb4963ae0bd0fb43ae.png

image.png.76af71293f7f2cb90b8e9ccefc92465f.png

image.thumb.png.da1ebce487a2361434f6bb5bc2996b66.png

image.png

constraints_question.hip

3- would love to find a solution for that too. However all I can say for this one is to set Cluster Type to Group Constraint inside the rbd cluster SOP which in my opinion gives you more control.
5- for this one you need to use rbd constraints from rules and set group1 and group2 to your pieces. Here connection type might give you different results based on what you want to achieve.

Another related Question: I have a bridge made of cement and brick wall --> the brick wall has maaaaany disconnected bricks :) so the logical thing to do here is to create a proxy mesh (e.g. vdb from poly, back to one big mesh) and use it for sim, HOWEVER, I am thinking: what is the best way to animated bricks based one proxy mesh? one idea is point deform? another idea is using primitive intrinsic transform but I am afraid that would be tricky as any slight error in math would produce wrong result (e.g. not using pivots, using full transform vs transform etc.)? I am looking for the simplest, bullet proof method :)