Beginner Hscript Problem

chunkified

Hey,

I'm coming from a MAXScript background and just starting to dabble with VEX and Hscript.

I've got a problem while creating an interface for a digital asset.

I've created sliders for rotation and translation of an Object node. Doing this creates expressions in the object nodes translation and rotation parameter fields, which creates the link between the sliders and parameters values. ( nothing out of the ordinary :D )

My problem arrises when trying to find an expression that i can link to a button that will either...

(SEE ATTACHED IMAGE)

Reset the sliders to their default values or Set a numerical value in one or more of the slider paramater fields...

I've tried assigning the button the opparm function to change the parameters which hasn't worked :S

(see below)

"opparm ../L_foot_tx ( 0 )"

"opparm L_foot_tx ( 0 )"

It's probably something really stupid but can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

post-1656-1163373040_thumb.jpg

talking about "opparm" in a otl script.... (i cant get it working in textport neighter..)

what's wrong (read: how to do this) in the following code?

opparm straw bend_X (`stamp("../copy1", "straw_scalex", 1)`)

assuming the path of "straw" is correct... and "bend_X" parameter exists... hence

opparm straw bend_X (0)

works.... but i need to stamp the value this time...

thanks in advance.

upps... a further search in sesi forum linked me to this reply... I'm going to try it now I guess that's the problem...

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com...ighlight=opparm

cheers.

ok... just tried.. and it doesnt work with my syntax above ...

chadd straw bend_X

actually add the channel... but once i write the "opparm" command above it -removes- such channel byt leaving the current channel value (like using -delete channel- from menu)......

any help is really appreciated.

cheers