Agents move below ground while blending during crowd transitions

zdimaria

I'm having an issue where my agents will move below ground during their blend through transitions.  This happens using the State Blend on the Crowd Transition DOP or during the blend from a Clip Transition Graph.   And it also happens when I set up my own dop net or use the Crowd Transition Test Simulation.

I've got foot locking working and that kind of helps with the feet a bit, but not completely, and it also doesn't do anything to help the rest of the body moving down during the blend.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?  My guess would be something with the rig I'm using, but I'm not sure what to look for. 

I would take a look at my two blend sources and make sure they share the same anchor/pivot point. I know skeletonblend actually will resize one skeleton to another, so check the scale as well. Keep them the same scale.

Edited by Atom

Yes, thank you that appears to be the issue, although I don't know how to fix it.

I'm using kinefx to retarget and apply mocap to a rig using a Rig Match Pose -> Map Points -> Full Body IK. 

After the IK solve, the root joint moves with the character.  If I do 'Pin Root', it totally messes up the solve.  

ik_issue.thumb.gif.deb1edba2f2155fc2787174726fa5d26.gif

Ive tried to force the Joint back to the orgin after the fact, which breaks when I extract locomotion and then re-apply it again later (the locomotion gets applied to the root joint).

Is there some way to tag the root node to not affect the IK solve?  Or tell it to not be affected by the __locomotion__ joint? 

Edited by zdimaria
accidently double typed

I'm starting to think that most of my issue is with the Extract Locomotion.  

I was able to fix the position during IK Solve by first removing those joints before mapping / ik solve, and then using skeleton blend to keep the original positions.

The problem is that I then use an Extract Locomotion -> Motion Clip -> Agent Clip to add this animation into my agent, but whenever I apply the locomotion back (either in the Agent Clip Sop, OR after caching out the agent and loading it back in, the root joint gets the locomotion applied to it.

Any ideas on how to fix that? 

Thanks!